Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

PitaPata Dog tickers

PitaPata Dog tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, November 15, 2010

Babyhood Flies Much Too Fast

Malia has grown. My has she grown!

As of today's 6 month doctor visit:

Height: 26 inches; 60th Percentile
Weight: 15 lbs 10 oz; 50th Percentile

She's on her hands and knees and getting into downward dog, she's scooting backwards, and sometimes even a bit forwards, if she can figure out that whole "bring your knee forward thing." Her first year is flying by so quickly that I don't even know who this little girl is anymore and I wonder where my newborn has gone!

Because Kekoa takes up so much time with trying to communicate with, and basically, just toddlerhood, sometimes I feel as if I was missing Malia's babyhood. Just like I did with Koa when he was an infant, there were nights when I would just hold Malia in her glider and we would just rock and rock. I'd inhale her baby smell and caress her chubby little cheek and she would hold my finger in her little hand...

I'm praying that her time being a baby slows down, especially since she really may be our last baby. :( I sometimes wish that someone would just invent a baby bubble that would stop babies from aging, just so I could keep her this small and this sweet forever. Then I would never let her go.

Malia, age 6 months
Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: